Reference Books

Focus Books

Study Guides

 

The Complete Pragmatic Family of Frameworks

 





◄◄◄ Previous Page         

.  

          Next Page ►►►

Here we compare frameworks in terms of the level of guidance they provide versus where they sit in the Transformation cascade (From Strategy to Deployment). The left of the diagram illustrates the 20% that provides 80% of the benefit. The right of the diagram illustrates the 80% that provides 20% of the benefit.

20% of

Zachman provides very low detail and only in the structural parts of the cascade. However, it is part of the 20% that provides 80% of the benefit.

POET provides more detail, and covers transformation as well as structure. It is part of the 20% that provides 80% of the benefit.

PEAF provides more detail again, but only in the domain of Enterprise Architecture - Strategy, Roadmapping and the Governance of those phases.

PEEF also provides more detail, but only in the domain of Enterprise Engineering - Initiating, Elaborating, Constructing, Transitioning and the Governance of those phases.

Together they complete the 20% that provides 80% of the benefit.

TOGAF provides much more detail but only in Initiation to Elaboration and the governance of Construction, although it does touch on Roadmapping. It effectively provides the remaining 80% that provides the remaining 20% of the benefit.

 

◄◄◄ Previous Page          

          Next Page ►►►

Questions to ponder...

Where do the frameworks your Enterprise uses map onto this diagram?

Do the frameworks you use cover the areas you need to cover?

What do you use to guide the use of Frameworks?














© 2008-2018 Pragmatic EA Ltd